Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Back to School for the Jennings!

We were supposed to start school last week. And, well, you know. Life happens. :)  That is just one of the reasons I LOVE homeschooling the kiddos. Not that we can just fly by the seat of our pants or anything, but we do have a little flexibility when we have a little too much going on.

So, today was our first day.  Mia is starting her first year with us at home and is super excited.  I think that we made a great decision by having her stay home this year instead of waiting for kindergarten.  Tate is in 2nd and 3rd grade, as he likes to say. :) He is doing 2nd grade curriculum except Math, which is 3rd grade.  Tucker is doing 5th grade curriculum except Math and Reading, which is 6th grade. Another reason I love homeschool - you can teach them where they are. :)

Here are our super fun first day pics!!  (realizing it may not be much longer that Tucker will stand in front of our house holding a sign)  :)





Love this!!  Super fun for calendar math and circle time on the other side. :)  A total splurge just to help keep the littles busy - and learn a little while we are at it. :)

He doesn't sit this still very often, so I had to grab a pic. :)

Lynli joined right in!  She talked the whole way through our "circle time" - complete with copying mommies hand motions. :)  We think she may be a lefty. 


So, another school year begins!  Is is truly one of the hardest, but most rewarding things I have ever done. Honestly, I don't do much else. My house is a wreck most of the time and the laundry hardly gets folded - unless my mom comes. :)  Most of my free time is spent doing lesson plans for 3 grades now and figuring out who needs to study what and what field trips work the best with who. 

BUT, right now, I wouldn't change a thing. The time I get with my children is priceless. I have been blessed beyond measure with these amazing four children. Really blessed.  And even though many days I am exhausted, totally exhausted by the end of the day, I just wouldn't change it.  

Off to fill our work boxes and sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment