Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Counting Down!

In all of the hustle and bustle the last couple of weeks, I forgot to post our travel dates. :) We are boarding the plane next Tuesday, March 2nd! We are so excited! It seems like yesterday that we received our travel approval. Every day has been filled with something. Booking tickets, hotel arrangements, sight seeing plans, setting up Skype and other ways to communicate back home. Oh, and some major nesting. I have redone the pantry, finished Mia's room, decorated the master, cleaned the playroom and started packing. Nuts, I know. :)

The boys are super excited. Last night I had them help me open and put Mia's toys out for her. Some of the things we have been looking at in boxes for over a year. They were so stinking cute! They kept saying, "Oh, look. She will love this one!" and "I want to play this with her." Just jumping up and down, running around everywhere. Too sweet!

Things have been a little nuts around here. Keith is swamped with work and we have just been go, go, go. I am really looking forward to getting on the plane and spending some quality time with the boys next week. I think we are going to have a blast. We leave Tuesday and land in Beijing Wednesday. It is about a 18 hour trip. Thursday is the Summer Palace and an acrobatics show. Friday we hit The Great Wall and Hutong village. Saturday is orientation, The Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Sunday we fly to Guangzhou in the morning and have a day to rest and prepare for Mia.

Gotcha is Monday, March 8th!

Stay tuned - more coming in the next couple of days about Mia. I would love to tell you all about her now, but I do need to sleep a little. :)




3 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you guys! I wrote Mia's Gotcha Day in my planner so that I can pray! I hope eveything goes smoothly. I can't wait to see pics! Take care! Lauren P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!! We will be praying for all of you! Thanks for keeping us updated! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love and prayers are headed your way!!! We're SO excited for you! <3

    PS-This version of Over the Rainbow is Lilli's FAVE! She LOVES that Hawaiian man! LOL

    ReplyDelete