Monday, July 9, 2012

Introducing....


 We have Lynli Grace!  She is beautiful, sweet, tiny, and quite the busy girl!  I am posting pics first because I know that is what you want to see!!


Our last photo as a family of 5!

Meeting Lynli Grace!


The first few moments with Mama



Getting to know Baba (daddy)



Playing with Mam-maw



Keith getting all of the needed info from the orphanage representative, including the location of her town on a map.



Family of 6!!



Back at the room, coloring with big brother



Watching his sister - the MOST proud brother you will ever see!



Checking out new toys...



She is so sweet!  This is a cute little pose she did for us. :)



This is what we saw the most of today - laughs and giggles!



So, here is how it happened....

We spent the morning as usual - big, huge breakfast at the hotel buffet and a walk around the beautiful gardens and koi ponds at our hotel. And then there was a lot of waiting.  We didn't leave the hotel for her until 2:00pm , so there was lots of nervous time to pass. But, we managed to be completely prepared and ready before the appointed time, which is a small miracle itself. :)

So, off we headed to the adoption offices for this province.  This was the same place we met Mia, so it was a very familiar and helped to ease the nerves a little.  We arrived before Lynli so we sat and waited a little more.  I honestly didn't mind a few minutes wait.  Watching others meet there babies helps to settle you down a bit. :)  

Before we knew it she walked right in from the elevator... I couldn't see her face right away, but knew it was her from those crazy rainbow pants I had sent in a care package!  So funny!  I even thought when I bought them that these would probably be what they put her in instead of the super cute outfit #2 that I sent.  Of course it would be the crazy pants!  I digress...  Anyway, there she was!  We were thinking that, like Mia, she would be taken into a "holding room" while some paper work was done, but that was not the case.  Our guide just looked over and said, " Come on, you can come!"

Y'all, she is just precious.  She just looked at us, didn't cry, just kind of took it all in.  I picked her up to carry her to the area where we would speak to the orphanage staff and complete the paper work.  Still no crying.  She just sat with me and looked around.  I gave her a snack and water and she gave me some giggles.  The kids were just crazy for her!  It was a crazy half hour as the kids all vied for her attention.  It's so sweet how much they love her.

After we finished up the necessaries we headed back to the hotel.  She cried a little when we got in the elevator, but stopped as soon as we walked outside.  When we arrived back at the hotel, she and the kids just played and played. She is really silly.  I mean, really silly.  She laughed and giggled like crazy.  She explored and touched everything. So, so sweet.  

So far, so good.  She cried a little again when I first took her shoe off.  I was just trying to change her, so I put her shoe back on. :)  We actually felt she was doing well enough to go out for dinner and she did do great.  By the time we returned, we could tell she was pretty exhausted.  We gave her a quick shower (the staff told us she liked this better than a bath).  She screamed the entire time.  She did not like the shower. :)  We got her dressed for bed and within 10 minutes she fell asleep with me laying beside her.  She is a dream.  

Ok.  Lots more to come this week as we get to know our sweet girl.  This mama is pooped and heading to bed.  Thank you all for your notes of encouragement and prayers.  We have waited almost a year to meet Lynli.  And now I can hear her breathing heavily in a sound sleep, just a few feet away.

God is good. All the time.

Goodnight from the Jennings - party of 6  :)
































4 comments:

  1. Finally!! I've been refreshing your blog all morning! :) She is just adorable!!!!! What a total cutie. So glad that she is so happy right now. I know having the kids there must really help her. Can't wait to here more!
    Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! She is such a cutie! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so pleased to read that you've added another sweet child to your family. She's looks so wonderful and I know that your hearts are full. Prayers for a continued happy and peaceful adjustment for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, Lynli is just precious! I knew she would be... she's a Shantou beauty...:) I am so happy that you and your family are finally united with her and can become her family. Such a sweet, sweet time. I'm glad your Mia got to visit her orphanage... that is wonderful. Enjoy your trip and I'll be praying for you all. Looking forward to reading your blog for the next few days!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete